Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Does of March.

  I haven't pulled a card or checked a camera in over seven months.  I like a trail that isn't obvious to the inexperienced but can be walked down without ducking.  My old trails are blocked and grown up.  Beaver have put in dams every 200 yards on the creek  Pigs are taking over.

I don't know why I think this kind of thing is funny, but I do.

Three does, all marked up.

Maybe this is why.

Resident coyote.  My bottle is missing.

This deer seems to be foaming at the mouth with a wet neck.  Never seen this before.  March.

Lotta aiming black on a hog this size.

Bigfoot!

The Three Graces again.




Resident Coyote.


Daylight deer.  They have to be somewhere.


Bigfoot!

Little buck that has just dropped his antlers.

Have to be a pretty big deer to get me to shoot at it these days.  Nothing on cam to indicate one around but now they are up and running again.  We'll see.

  Guys behind us stole a brand-new cam early in the season last year.  These cams were up all summer with dead batteries.  Seem to be have come back to life.  If I can work out new crossing places for the beaver-flooded creek I will keep these going while the weather is cold.  One close to the house and one way out.  Going to toss all the ones that are blinky.  No sign that anyone else is around in the bottom other than the feeder that runs near the lake.  It was solid with tiny just-born pig prints.


4 comments:

Bob said...

What's the round object in the background right of #9, Robert?

Old NFO said...

Good pics, and I HATE people that steal things in the woods almost as much as I hate those that cut fences...

Paul said...

Get a plot-watcher camera, conceal it well in a tree 50 yards from your cameras and maybe the thief will be outed.

Robert Langham said...

Bob: BIGFOOT!!!!